Ramblings of a clueless American abroad

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Paradise

Büyükada may very well be my favorite place in the world. I've been longing to go back since my visit in September, and this weekend the incredibly beautiful weather gave me a great opportunity to. I began my trip by meeting up with my boss, who has a beautiful old house on the island. Here's the view from her balcony:

 
After some tea and snacks, I decided I would head off on my own with a bicycle. The bike rental guy remembered me from September! And asked me out to tea. Yay? Whereas last time I stayed on the more populated half of the island, this time I decided to do the full tour on my bike. This was an excellent decision; the other half of the island is serene and breathtakingly gorgeous. Once again, pictures can't really do it justice, but here are some:





I'm not sure if I'll ever get to go back there again, but I really hope I do. It's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment